EATING FOR ENERGY
Keeping your body fuelled with the right foods, will help to maintain your energy levels during the day. All foods have a different response within the body, which can affect your energy levels.
Pulseroll have a few tips for you to help maintain your energy levels when eating.
- Eat breakfast- your body is in a state of fasting overnight, which depletes your brains main source of glucose used for energy. A slow releasing carbohydrate
- Such as porridge in the morning helps to kick-start your metabolism.
- Don’t skip meals- By eating three times a day or bodies can learn and manage to keep hunger at bay. This helps to sustain your energy levels and keep your blood sugar levels within a normal range. Eating small but regular meals daily helps with portion control and making healthier choices.
- Remember to eat your 5-a-day- fruit and vegetables are packed with essential antioxidants, vitamins and minerals your body needs to function. Eating fibre also helps to keep you full for longer.
- Drink plenty of water- It is essential to keep hydrated, especially when working out or taking part in physical activity. Drinking six to eight glasses of water throughout the day will help to keep you hydrated.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B, zinc and magnesium- These vitamins and minerals are essential for our body’s energy functions. B vitamins help to break down the energy from the foods we eat. They also help to maintain muscle tissue and keep your skin and eyes healthy.That’s just a few simple tips to help get you started on your journey to a healthier and much more energetic you! Give them a try today, you’ll notice a difference in your energy levels by trying these simple steps. A much more healthier, happier, and energetic you!!